earn fast money here

lundi 2 mai 2016

Putting Your Best Business Self Forward

A lot can be said about doing the little and sometimes free things that will put yourself in a more positive and credible light. Vagueness aside, I'm talking about more than getting inexpensive but professional business cards or even an elegant and simple website. I'm talking about making sure that you're fully ready to take on clients. I'd managed, since deciding to work for myself, to avoid doing a service agreement. If you're wondering what or why you need one, you're not alone.
Sure, you can put up a storefront and you can have a small or even concrete idea about what services you want to provide and at what price, however, you have to go beyond the basics if you want to grow your business and protect your interests. I am a full supporter of Upwork. It is the first and only freelancer website I've used, back when it was still called Elance. I found almost immediate personal success there and in so doing I tailored what would have been some semblance of a service agreement into the fillable area of my profile. I have since grown from solely engaging Upwork clients and with that growth comes changes. Sometimes those changes you're prepared for while others you have to just figure out, albeit, not alone.
If you're in the business of providing a service, in my case, as a virtual assistant, you have to make clear to your clients and sometimes, surprisingly, even to yourself what it is that you will and won't do and for just how much. Don't allow the idea of it to overwhelm you. In truth, there are plenty of free sources on the web where you can find sample text for the service industry and position that you need. When in doubt, Google it! I devoted 12 hours of my own personal time to take the next step in becoming a more polished business. I even feel more in control as a result of having done so.
Why a service agreement and why now? I felt I needed to devote the time to coming up with my concrete and negotiable terms in writing. When using a service like Upwork you can pretty much get away with using a generic altered form of a resumé when submitting proposals for jobs. After the first few that I did from scratch each time I took what I realize now were the first steps in creating a document that I could use in all my business engagements. And with time and more experience under my belt I have been able to craft a document that is a lot more in line with who I am, what I represent and what I want to be doing with my business. In a document like this, your ego can have a little time to flex but it is also your opportunity to show your professional self. Show your future client just why you're worth your rate of pay and worth getting the job.
Service Agreements often use a lot of legal jargon and can be dry but you can infuse some of yourself into how it's crafted and how it's presented. The key thing to remember is that this singular document is one of the first pieces of yourself and your work that your client gets from you. It's very much like a first impression. Having a document that is thorough but concise and fair but stern will often save you and your client a headache when the project you thought you signed up for changes in scope and you're taking on more than you may have thought you bargained for. Please note that I am not a legal expert and thus, this information is provided solely as a guide with the intention being that you the reader will research and reach out for help as needed from a legal professional or legal source.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9394181

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire